Tuesday 27 November 2012

Marlon Brando's Grandson



Mr Marlon Brando. The Mumbler, The Wild One, Stanley Kowalski, and one of the greatest and most influential actors of the 20th century. Martin Scorsese said "He is the marker. There's 'before Brando' and 'after Brando'." Jack Nicholson said, "When Marlon dies, everybody moves up one." And when Jack Nicholson speaks, we listen. 


For The Journal Mr Porter photographed and interviewed men with some of the most enviable inheritance you can think of. Taken from Mr Porter, here is a snippet of part 2 of Generations of Style

Twenty-one-year-old Mr Brando is a medical student who lives in Paris, France. He was born in Tahiti and raised there by his grandparents until the age of 20.

Who's your style icon?
Johnny Depp. You see that he cares about how he looks, but in a relaxed and cool way. I like his glasses, his long hair and his tattoos. He's iconic to me.
What did your grandfather teach you about style?
He taught me to be comfortable in what I wear. He also taught me how to work out my abs in the swimming pool. 
What's the best piece of style advice you've ever received?
I shouldn't get my hair too done up, and always leave it a bit messy.
How has your style changed over time?
I lived in Tahiti for 20 years, and we didn't have winters there so I always wore shorts and T-shirts. Now that I live in Paris, I wear a lot of jackets and coats. 


No comments:

Post a Comment